If you’re looking for something new and exciting to serve during the holidays this year, consider making this easy Mini Cheeseball Holiday Wreath!
This is a fun twist on the traditional charcuterie board and is just as easy to make! You’ll need to use a large, flat circular dish or board to help hold the shape of the wreath and then you’ll be ready to get started!Print
Get Ready for the Holidays: Mini Cheeseball Holiday Wreath
A festive edible wreath made of mini cheeseballs and cherry tomatoes will be the star of your dinner!
- Two (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp each of the following fresh herbs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots (or a combination of dried candied ginger + dried apricots)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 pound (4 cups) of cherry or grape tomatoes
- A combination of fresh herbs for plating (sage, rosemary, and dill work really well)
- Salt and pepper
- Start by placing a piece of unbleached parchment paper on a baking sheet for later.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream, and salt and pepper in a bowl until well mixed.
- Using a tablespoon (to keep the cheeseballs uniform), scoop out the cheese mixture, roll between hands to form a ball, and place on the baking sheet. It helps to do this with damp hands.
- Once the entire mixture has been formed into mini cheeseballs, cover with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In the meantime, place the following in one of three medium sized bowls:
- The chopped almonds and the apricots
- The fresh herbs and the hazelnuts
- The pistachios
- Remove the cheese balls from the refrigerator and roll evenly in one of the mixtures above. Press firmly on all sides to ensure the chopped mixture will stick nicely. Alternatively, place cheeseballs in two rings onto the circular dish, making sure to leave room on the outside ring for the tomatoes.
- Place the fresh herbs around and beneath the cheese balls with stems facing inwards. Surround the outer layer of cheese balls with cherry tomatoes.
- Place back into the refrigerator until 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Do you love the thought of finally being organized in the kitchen? Let’s take the guesswork out of meal planning!
Get access to my ENTIRE VAULT OF RECIPES AND MEAL PLANS! Click the image below to get started!