One of my favorite things to do is to re-make traditional recipes into "health coach approved" recipes. Lately, I've been wanting to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, but wanted to stay away from 1. the sugar 2. added gluten and 3. unnecessary dairy especially when it came to something sweet so I made up this recipe that got the approval of my kids and everyone else who tries them!
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup Lakanto sweetener
1/2 tbsp. unsulphured blackstrap molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 tbsp. pumpkin puree
1 cup gluten free flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 cup Enjoy Life brand mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the coconut oil, Lakanto, molasses, vanilla and pumpkin together until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix. Then add in the chocolate chips.
4. Once mixed, spoon out dough in small balls (about 2 tbsp in size) and place on parchment paper. Slightly flatten the dough because the cookies will only slightly spread in the oven.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes and allow to rest on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
If you love this recipe, head on over to my Healthy Holiday Eats page to be notified when my new holiday cookbook is released!