It’s that time of year again! I just finished putting up the decorations outside and for the first time in a very long time, put up a real tree for Christmas. The boys and I are busy making memories and taking advantage of all the fun festive activities going on in our neighborhood and city. Even just stepping outside to look at the moon these past few nights has been refreshing and such a fun bonding experience. I’m feeling pretty good about Christmas this year. My family and I are actually opting for less gift giving this year in lieu of spending time together doing something special and meaningful. I highly encourage you to go this route, but I also wanted to provide you with a list of products that will work double-duty: giving a thoughtful gift + making an impact in someone’s life. SO all these gifts are ideas that will encourage your recipient to live a healthier lifestyle and/or support a good cause or small business owner. Check it out:
1. Membership to Thrive Market - I use Thrive Market to get really good deals on natural and/or organic foods and superfoods that are too expensive to buy at Whole Foods. The yearly membership is $59, but using my link http://thrv.me/thewellsideoflife will get you 25% off your first order. Some of my favorite things to purchase are the Simple Mills brand products, Primal Kitchen products and my ancient grains flours.
2. Hanselmann Pottery - Hand thrown stoneware with a minimalistic look
http://hanselmannpottery.com/ I don’t personally own any of his pottery yet, but I do collect pottery and I love the look of every piece on this site. Who wouldn’t want to make beautiful food even if it’s just to use this stoneware!
3. Jade Roller - I recently purchased this jade roller from Kae as one of my 2017 goals was to revamp my skincare regiment and products. Talk about relaxing. This roller is made of jade stone and helps with circulation and stimulating meridian points on the face. Use PROMO CODE KAE20 for 20% off any item.
Benefits of the Jade Roller includes:
Improves blood circulation and skin tone
Improves elasticity of the skin
Promotes lymphatic drainage
Reduces puffiness and wrinkles
Reduces dark under eye circles
Tightens and reduces pore size
4. New Year’s Resolution Coaching - I just created this program for those of you who want to seriously tackle wellness in the New Year. You start 2018 off with the best intentions, but by February you're stuck in the same old habits doing the same old thing that you swore was going to be different this year. Life gets in the way, you fall back into "the kids come first" mentality and before you know it, it's the middle of the summer and you're stuck...like really bad.
You don't need a diet or even a gym membership, but what you do need is a plan. You need a plan that works for you. Check it out as a gift or for yourself!
5. Big Berkey Water Filter - I love my Big Berkey as an affordable option for filtered water. http://www.bigberkeywaterfilters.com/big-berkey-water-filter.html This information is taken from their website: This system removes pathogenic bacteria, viruses, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and heavy metals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance.
6. Hydroflask - These water bottles are top-notch and made of stainless steel. They keep my water cold all day long without fail. This gift is also a perfect stocking stuffer!
7. Primally Pure Products - All kinds of natural skincare products including deodorant, body oils, body butters and gifts for men and children. The ingredients are very minimal and top-notch!
8. Beauty Counter - Along with Primally Pure, Beauty Counter is another company that I recommend. I personally love their Nourishing line of day creams and night creams, but they have come out with smaller sampler type sets just in time for the holidays. Again, these products are extremely clean and non-toxic with a wide range of products from skincare to makeup. Also, check out their Never List while you’re shopping for a good education about some of the harmful chemicals hiding in our skincare products.
9. TOMS Birch Sweater Knit Ivory Slippers - These may or may not be on my own wish list, but I had to share them because this company GIVES one pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair of shoes (or slippers) purchased through their 1 for 1 program.
10. Vital Proteins Collagen Powder - Everyone who works with me knows that gut healing is going to be in the line-up somewhere and I usually recommend collagen powder. Vital Proteins has seriously upped their game by offering things like coffee creamer, flavored collagen, beauty water and matcha! Check it out.
11. Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer - Pasta has a new face, but you need a spiralizer to join in on the fun!
12. Year Long Soap Subscription - One less thing you have to worry about. Small batch, hand crafted soap completely free of chemicals, using the highest quality essential oils. I’ve used this soap for years. Awesome stocking stuffer idea.
13. Eating Evolved Gift Basket - Ok, to be honest, I would be totally psyched to get something like this for Christmas lol! If you’re looking to reduce sugar in the new year, then consider this chocolate health coach approved!
14. Diffuser - Perfect Christmas gift for those looking to expand their holistic practices or to make their house smell amazing in lieu of chemically based air fresheners. Always a favorite!
15. The Gifting Plate & Natural Life Makeup Bags
I love the idea of this Gift Giving plate and it makes the perfect gift that keeps on giving. Check it out!
Also, they have some super cute canvas makeup bags that are practical and motivational :)
16. The Love Bomb Jars - Cool little mason jars with motivational sayings to help you stay focused throughout the day.
17. Wildlife Trust for Baby Elephants - THIS. Anything that has to do with protecting animals, especially baby animals is a winner in my book. The Sheldrick Wildlife Trust helps to protect and care for the baby elephants whose mamas and families are killed by poachers. What an awesome movement and an awesome gift.
18. Heifer International - I’ve used Heifer International many times and love it. You can purchase items to help a family in poverty internationally and just recently in the US, too. You can purchase anything from a chicken to a water well to an education for a child. The world needs more of this. Check it out.
19. Light Therapy Lamp - For all my SAD peeps, get this on your wish list ASAP. You’re welcome.
20. Salt Blends - I received some salt from Steel City Salt Company based right here in Pittsburgh as a gift a few years ago and I loved it! https://steelcitysalt.com/t/gift-sets Great gift idea or stocking stuffer and perfect for anyone who likes to experiment a little bit in the kitchen!
Happy Holidays, friends!