High-energy breakfasts that are both healthy and easy to make are a cornerstone of living optimally. Whether you’re on-the-go, trying to reverse a chronic illness, or just looking for some new breakfast ideas, I think you’re going to love this recipe!
I wanted this recipe to serve a variety of purposes so it’s gluten-free, keto friendly, high-energy, macro balanced, and nutrient dense. It’s great for those wanting to lose weight, regain more energy, balance hormones, and reduce inflammation.Print
Easy Breakfast Biscuits
Enjoy this easy to make gluten-free and keto-friendly breakfast recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
1 tbsp avocado oil
1/2 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup leftover steamed broccoli, chopped
3/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp freeze-dried basil
1/2 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
Pepper for seasoning
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
Red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a stainless steel skillet over medium heat, add the avocado oil. After the oil has heated, add the shallot and pepper. Season to preference with salt and pepper. Cook until the pepper is soft then add the broccoli. Continue to heat for 2-3 minutes then turn off heat.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, the 1/2 tsp salt, and basil. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller, third bowl whisk the eggs and half the cheese.
- Pour the eggs and stovetop mixture into the almond flour bowl and combine well. The mixture will be a little sticky.
- Using a large spoon drop onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes and eat immediately after cooling.
Some additional add-ins: bacon, sausage, chopped spinach, mushrooms.
If you’re sensitive to dairy, simply omit it from the recipe or substitute 1 tsp. of nutritional yeast.
Serve alongside soup as an alternative to bread or crackers.
Can be made ahead and frozen.