This vibrant dish only takes a few moments to prepare, but you’ll feel like you’re dining in an upscale Italian restaurant. The simplest of ingredients are used, but when combined together offer a well-rounded meal with many flavors.
I recommend using cherry tomatoes for this dish, but nearly any fresh tomatoes can be used. If using grape tomatoes (as shown in the video below), just be sure to slice them in half first to help expedite the release of their natural juices.
I also love serving any pasta meal in a traditional pasta bowl. Both of my pasta bowls are heirlooms – one from my grandmother and one from my great-grandmother. Both of them were full blooded Italians so you know these bowls got a lot of good use in their day.
Because these bowls are decades old, I can’t be 100% certain that the ceramic glazes are lead-free. Soooo I am in the market for some updated pasta bowls so these can go on display. I’m looking for a 13″ x 3″ bowl – the same sizes I currently have, and also the most common. I wanted to share a few of my favorite findings with you:Print
How to Make 15-minute Tomato Bursted Pasta
- 8 oz red lentil and quinoa pasta, dry (or your favorite pasta!)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, plus more for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and drizzle with avocado oil to prevent sticking.
- In the meantime, add 1 tbsp avocado oil to a large saute skillet and turn to medium heat. Add the garlic, tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir occasionally and cook until all the tomatoes have burst – about 15-20 minutes.
- Add pasta to a large serving bowl and top with tomato mixture, cheese, and basil. Enjoy!
- Use 1 tbsp nutritional yeast in place of parmesan cheese for a dairy-free option
- Feel free to add in chicken, chickpeas, or hemp seeds for added protein
This recipe is just one of the quick and easy meal options you’ll find inside Recipe Vault – under the Mediterranean Diet Meal Plan to be exact 😉
There are so many things on our plate these days, so why not taking something OFF it by using Recipe Vault for your meal planning for the entire year. With over 50 meal plans to choose from, you’ll never have to stress about food on the table again. Check it out!